On behalf of our clients and the public, we have researched and found that the below links are the most practical and informative. They include franchisee and franchise-related sites, government sites, and those geared towards legal research.
California State Resources
California Litigation Oriented Web Sites
- California Codes
Research California law online.
- California Trial Courts
A portal to every County Court in California. Research local rules and municipal laws.
- California Judicial Council Forms
Select and print Judicial Council Forms at no cost.
- California State Bar Association
Research or find licensed attorneys in California.
- American Arbitration Association
More and more individuals and businesses are submitting to this less expensive but sometimes riskier alternative to trial court litigation. Research this site to learn about the rules governing arbitration disputes.
California Business Related Web Sites
- California Secretary of State
Search for the agent for service of process, and download corporate forms for filing.
- California Department of Corporations
Research this site for valuable forms and information relating to franchises and securities transactions.
- California Franchise Tax Board
This underused site not only has tax forms, but includes outstanding information for those interested in starting a new business.
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
Review this site if you think your rights are being violated.
- California Department of Labor Standards and Enforcement
This site can be an invaluable tool if you need to file or defend a wage claim.
- California Department of Industrial Relations
Research this site if you desire to improve your working conditions. This site also has a link to search related California regulations.
- California Chamber of Commerce
Every California business, new and old, should familiarize itself with this site.
Federal Litigation Oriented Web Sites
- The United States Code
Research Federal law online.
- United States Appellate Courts
This site is a portal to every United States Court of Appeals.
- United States Bankruptcy Courts This site is a portal to every United States Bankruptcy Court.
- United States District Courts
A portal to every United States District Court.
- Martindale-Hubbel Lawyer Locator
Use this site if you are looking for a lawyer outside California, or in other countries.
United States Business Related Web Sites
- United States Internal Revenue Service
Believe it or not, one of the government’s best web sites. Research helpful publications and download tax forms from this site.
- United States National Labor Relations Board
This site provides valuable information pertaining to relations between unions and employers.
- United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Research this site if you are concerned about job discrimination. This is a useful site for both the employer and employee.
United States Web Sites Related to Intellectual Property
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Research trademarks and download applications and forms for filing.
- United States Copyright Office Research copyrights and download applications and forms for filing.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.